Monday, January 1, 2007

Spiritual Devotion Meme

In response to Jimmy Akin's non-meme of his readers I've included my answers to this spiritual devotion meme:

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus.
The Fatima Prayer

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer.
The Rosary, of course, although I say a Mariam Antiphon each night as part of Night Prayers. Usually Hail Holy Queen, but often the Star of the Sea antiphon at this time of year.

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
Not usually. I did at one time ( A Sacred Heart medal), but have spent so many years working around rotating machinery that I got into the habit of not wearing any jewelry or hanging objects.

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
No.

5. Do you "offer up" your sufferings?
Yes. I often offer them up for the repose of the souls of my Parents, and aunt and uncle.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
No, I have not.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How Frequently?
Yes, at least once a month.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person?
I typically go to the youth Mass at 9:30 am on Sundays, but sometimes when I'm forced to work on Sundays I attend 5:30 Mass on Saturday evening.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
Yes, though I usually eat way too much between meals, when I typically do not pray.

10. Favorite saints.
Mary, Lucy, Isadore of Seville. I also often ask for help and guidance from Fr. Michael J. McGivney, founder of the Knights of Columbus and John Paul II (the Great).

11. Can you recite the Apostles' Creed by heart?
Yes, but I have to be careful or I drift into the Nicene Creed.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Yes.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Yes.

No comments: